The task of device definition fits into the overall process as follows:
- Installing your hardware.
The detailed installation of your GE Fanuc hardware is beyond the scope of this documentation. Refer to your GE Fanuc hardware documentation.
- Configuring your hardware using the device specific programming and maintenance tools.
The vendor or manufacturer of your GE Fanuc device should have provided a software tool to aid in the configuration of the device. The entire capability and usage of any hardware specific programming and maintenance tools is beyond the scope of this documentation.
- Installing the software and Workbench.
Refer to the appropriate Installing product software section for installation information.
- Ensure the node has the GE Fanuc driver package installed.
- Using the Workbench to define devices.
These tasks are described in the following sections.
There might be differences between your Workbench windows and the example windows shown; however, the functional capabilities and logic flow will be similar.