Where to start
Welcome to the deviceWISE IoT Platform support information center. This page describes how to locate and request answers for your software problems or technical questions. You need the account log on credentials (email ID and password) that were created for your account.
If you do not have this information, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you encounter problems, the following might provide an answer:
- Consult the information in the Product Release Notes
- Review the list of known issues
- Review each new feature
- Review the troubleshooting information provided in each section of the documentation
- The Search box at the top left of any page (in the colored banner to the left of the magnifying glass icon) can be used to search for topics.
Gather the following information
Before contacting the support team, it is important that you gather the information that will help them help you. When the support team understands your environment, the products and versions in use, and have access to relevant log information and diagnostic outputs, they can more quickly respond to your request.
Please gather the following information:
- The product you are using
- The version of the product you are using
- Operating system and version number
- Identify when the problem occurred (include the time and timezone)
- What were you doing when the problem occurred? (Identify the function or feature that was in use)
- Identify the behavior that was expected
- Identify the behavior that actually occurred
- Locate the relevant Exception and Audit logs and be ready to provide them to the support team
- Locate any relevant diagnostic files and be ready to provide them to the support team
- Be ready to provide any additional comments that will help the support team understand your situation and provide a solution.
Contacting the support team
If you are still experiencing problems, the support team is here to help.
- Creating your case can be done through the Help page within the M2M Management Portal.
- You need the account log on credentials (email ID and password) that were created for your account. If you do not have this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view instructions for creating a case, see Creating a Support Case.
- You can attach files or information when a case is created.
We recommend that you attach Exception and Audit logs and generate and attach a diagnostic file.
- To ensure the support team has reference data to assist with each problem, you must open a case before you call the toll free number.
Obviously, if you are experiencing catastrophic problems, please do not hesitate to call.
- You should have received the toll free number to call for help with your service information.
- Hours of operation for support is Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Contracts are available to increase your coverage hours.
Any assistance offered will be contingent on the access to your application, logs, and any error messages that are being generated. Without this access, it will be difficult for the support team to help you.